Monday, March 19, 2012

I'll Come Up With a Title Later

I came up with the concept of this story last night, as I was trying to fall asleep (usually when my ideas for stories happen). As a disclaimer, I want to say that I have never been in this situation, and that this story is a work of fiction. If anyone in the real world has been in this situation, you have my heartfelt condolences.



Christian and I had only been married a year when the event happened. He had just come home from being in France, where he'd been working for a few months. And in Christian's usual style, he invited over a friend or two for a little welcome home party. I wasn't annoyed that he did this, quite the opposite actually. I loved Christian's friends, apart from one.

And wouldn't you know that Christian invited him. Chris knew I had reservations about Sean, basically because he scared the living daylights out of me. There just was this general weird vibe that sang off of him, and I was never at ease around him. Christian took care of this issue by never leaving me alone in a room with him. He always made sure that if he walked away from me or left the room, someone I was comfortable around was right beside me.

The day of the party, we'd gone to the market and bought all the necessary items. We came home, set up, and spent some time together in the silence of the house with the dog.

Sean arrived early, three hours too early. Christian could sense my apprehension, because I literally went white when I saw Sean standing at the door. Christian put out the dog, since he gets crazy when there are guests over.

Christian didn't leave my side, until he realized he'd forgotten to buy ice cream while we were at the market. So he wrote out a list of flavors, and put on his coat. He hugged and kissed me as he walked out the door. Then, the phone rang, giving me not enough time to panic that I was alone in the house with Sean.

"Olivia, are you alright?"
"Yeah, I'm fine."
"I'm just going down the road to the market. Are you going to be fine?"
"Yeah, it's no big deal. Just hurry home."
"I will, I promise. I love you," he breathed into the phone.
"I love you too," I smiled.

I hung up the phone, and spun around to find Sean admiring our wedding photo hanging on the wall.

"That was Christian. He wanted to see how I was doing. He feels bad leaving me so soon after being gone for several months. I told him he was overreacting."

Sean smiled, moving across the room. "He cares about you. Anyone with eyes can see that."
"Sean, you're in my personal space. I know that some Europeans are into the whole close personal space thing, but I am an American, and still adjusting to this change." Sean backs away, but still too close for my own liking.

The next few minutes are spent in silence, which I was grateful for, even though I was now more on edge than before. Sean walked away from the photos hanging on the wall, and back towards me.

"Has Christian ever told you how beautiful you are?"
"Of course." I look at him like he's lost his mind.
"Today?" He's closing in closer to me.
"Yes, of course today, why do you ask?" I question, stepping away from Sean, who's invading my personal space way too much. Only Christian has been this close to me.
"Because you're a beautiful woman, Olivia. And beautiful women like you should be told they're beautiful every day."

Clearly, my backing away from him doesn't stop him from inching closer and closer to me. I am finally backed into a wall, and I cannot move, because Sean has me pinned against the wall.

"Sean, what are you doing?"
"I am admiring you."
"You're making me uncomfortable. This is an invasion of my personal space."
"You're so lovely," he smiles, brushing the hair away from my face. "I only hope Christian knows how lovely you are."

Sean then leans in even closer to me, and tries to kiss me. I turn my head, and his head dips toward the wall. Sean forcefully grabs my face, his fingers digging in my cheeks.

"Don't do that. Don't turn away when someone kisses you," he hisses at me. And then, with his fingers painfully gripping my face, he kisses me. My mouth was squished open, so I could feel his mouth on my teeth.

"Let me go, Sean. Chris will be home soon, and I would hate for him to see you doing this." I try pushing him off of me, but I am thrust back against the wall. I can feel my temper rising, and my initial fright disappearing. I manage to push him away, and I walk into the kitchen.

Sean is hot on my heels. He grabs me, spins me around, and I am flung over his shoulder. And then, I am flung onto the bed, where I am scrambling to get off of the bed before he can grab me. Sean grabs my ankle, and yanks me back across the bed. I can't scream, but shriek loudly as he pins my arms against the bed. I feel this pinch, and I black out momentarily.

When I come back, I am still pinned beneath Sean's arms. He's looking me straight in the eyes, and I suddenly realize what was happening. I try to move my legs, having the window to kick his groin, but they won't move. They were asleep.

"What happened to your legs, luv? Did they fall asleep on you?"
"Sean, let me go! This has seriously gone far enough."

Sean kisses my forehead, and moves his head down to my throat. His nose burrows behind my ear, and I feel his breath on my neck.

"Sean, why are you doing this," I cry, struggling to get out from beneath him. "Christian is your friend!"
"I am doing this because of you. Christian stole the one thing I cared about in the world. And I intend to do the same," he smiles crazily.
"That was a long time ago, when he was younger. Christian is not like that anymore."
"Quiet! Christian loves you more than anything in the world. And so I am going take away his reason for living. But before I do that, I am going to have some fun with her first."

My temper finally reached its peak, and I managed to rip my arms out of his grasp. My freedom didn't last long, because Sean pinned my arms back down as quckly as I had freed them. He got in my face, and threatened that I shouldn't do that again. My strength was waning, but I was determined not to give up. I started screaming for anyone to come to my aid. I knew my neighbors would come running if they heard me screaming. But every time I screamed, Sean put his mouth on mine, which muffled my screams.

He tied my arms to the bed, and crawled off of the bed. I looked at him pleadingly, tears streaking down my face.

"Sean...please stop. I will give you my engagement ring, my wedding ring, the necklace around my neck. Please just stop and let me go. I don't have any money, but I will go to an ATM if you just let me go."
"Sorry, that's just not happening. I am going to make him pay for what he's done to me." Sean pulls out this large shiny hunting knife. I feel my heartbeat quicken, as he walks back towards the bed.

He jumps onto the bed, straddling himself across my legs. He leans in, and presses the knife to my face, drawing the tip across my cheek. My breath quickens, as I watch it move across my face. In an instant, I feel this burning on my arm. Sean pulls up the knife, and blood stains the blade. He smiles, and stares happily at it. He thrusts it into my side, and I scream out in pain. The pain is excruciating; and he seems to get pleasure as I scream with every stab. He leans in, kissing my mouth, while dragging the blade across my thigh.

I scream once more for someone to please hear me, but Sean presses his free hand tightly over my mouth.

"You're getting stupid again, Olivia. If you cannot behave, I am going to have to gag you. And I really don't want to. Your screams are so hypnotic for me." He smiles again, and stabs my stomach. I scream shrilly, which causes him to shove a part of Chris's t-shirt into my mouth.
"You're making too much noise, sweetie. And as much as I enjoy that, I cannot have anyone interrupting me." He glances over at the clock. "Christian will be arriving shortly. I can't have him seeing you so...underused." He thrusts the blade into my stomach again, causing me to arch in pain, and scream.

He continues to stab me all over my body, avoiding my arteries. I scream and cry, and arch away from the blade. I hear the front door catch, and Christian shout that he forgot his wallet. His tone goes from casual to frantic in a split second. I hear him running around downstairs, and then his steps run frantically up the stairs. I begin screaming for him, my voice very muffled. Sean goes to the door, and meets with Christian, who catches a quick glimpse of me before he is shoved by Sean. I black out again very briefly from the pain, but quickly regain consciousness. Sean and Christian fall into the bedroom, and Christian is brandishing a weapon of some sort. Sean knocks it out of Christian's reach, and begins stabbing at Christian, who manages to avoid the knife.

I manage to get one hand free, because the rope had become loosened from my moving while I was being stabbed. I reached over to free my other hand, but I had been stabbed so repeatedly, I had no strength left. I managed to remove the gag from my mouth, and scream for Christian to overtake Sean. Chris managed to get into the hall closet, and pull out his shillelagh, which he used to subdue Sean. He tied his arms and ankles together, and then ran to me.

"Call the police before you untie me." Chris sat down on the edge of the bed, and called the police. He then walked over to me, and untied me. He pulled me up into his arms, and cradled me. I had stopped crying when he confronted Sean, but now that I was safe, I started sobbing.

"Thank god I forgot my wallet. I had cash in my jeans pocket from last night, and that was enough to buy you some flowers from Mrs. McCullough's floral shop. It took me forever to find a bouquet befitting the occasion of coming home after being away for four months. I heard you screaming from outside the house, but I thought it might have been the television. I'm so sorry, baby. I knew he made you uneasy, and I left you alone with him."

He just kept kissing the top of my head, and cradling me, until the cops and ambulance arrived.

Part 2 will continue tomorrow, with the latter events occurring through Christian's eyes, and possibly more.

No comments: